EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HIRING A PPC SPECIALIST
GET your free quote today!
Simply fill out the information below and let us know what your requirements are and we’ll connect you with one of our account managers for a free quote
Table of Contents
- What is a PPC Specialist?
- Why is a PPC Specialist Important?
- Important Skills and Traits of a PPC Specialist
- Where to Hire PPC Specialists?
- Hiring Considerations
- C9 Digital PPC Specialists
What is a PPC Specialist?
PPC stands for pay-per-click. It is a mode of internet marketing where advertisers pay a fee every time their ad gets clicked. Basically, with PPC, advertisers are “buying” visits to their site. The more effective the ads, the more clicks they’ll generate and the more it’ll cost. However, this expense is offset by the potential business these clicks bring, as more clicks translate to more traffic and more traffic may mean more business.
A PPC Specialist manages pay-per-click ad campaigns. His responsibilities include ad strategy, ad design, implementation, SEO, and analysis of ad performance. His key roles may include:
- Keyword research – a deep understanding of how people conduct online searches and what search terms they use.
- Landing page design – a working knowledge on building and designing an engaging landing page.
- Trend watching – awareness of SEO trends, understanding how to outsmart Google’s ever-changing algorithms, and making necessary adjustments to running campaigns.
If you’re looking to hire a PPC Specialist from the Philippines, or from any other country for that matter, you need to be clear on your target geographical market and communicate that clearly because location also has a bearing on PPC results.
Why is a PPC Specialist Important?
Running ads in order to generate traffic can get expensive. A PPC Specialist ensures that we’re getting the optimum amount of traffic relative to our ad spending.
Understanding the psychology of language is essential to a PPC Specialist. Small adjustments or changes in the way ads are phrased can either make or break a campaign. It is the responsibility of a PPC Specialist to pay special attention to these details and make the necessary adjustments.
Aside from language, a PPC Specialist should also have an understanding of consumer or customer mindset. After all, the consumer or customer is the target of all ads and marketing campaigns. Knowing the basic behaviour of consumers and customers – when is someone “just looking around” versus when he’s “ready to purchase” – is key to running successful ads and marketing campaigns.
Important Skills and Traits of a PPC Specialist
In order to be effective, a PPC Specialist needs to possess a certain skill set and certain character traits:
- Above average analytical skills – PPC is all about analysis and making sense of data
- Efficiency – a PPC Specialist needs effective time management and organizational skills
- Creativity – needless to say, a PPC Specialist needs to think outside the box as far as effective phrasing of ads is concerned
- Psychology – as mentioned earlier, a PPC Specialist needs to have an understanding of the psychology of language as well as consumer or customer behaviour
- Ability to adapt quickly – an essential part of a PPC Specialist’s job is making changes and adjustments to running campaigns on the fly
- Being receptive to new things – PPC is an ever-changing discipline. A PPC Specialist needs to have an endless supply of curiosity and desire to learn.
Where to Find PPC Specialists?
So where can you find PPC Specialists? Do you need to do a pay-per-click search to get a hold of them? Do you need to run optimized ads to attract PPC Specialists to your team?
The first thing you need to decide when hiring a PPC Specialist is whether you want to hire local or a remote.
The advantages of hiring locally include:
- Ease of access and the ability to work with you personally – it’s always easier to work with someone face to face.
- Less cultural and social adjustment needed – you’re most probably living in the same city as your designer so you’re in the same time zone, speak the same language and share the same culture. This makes work so much smoother.
- Better team-building opportunities – being in the same place physically creates plenty of opportunity to train, collaborate, build rapport, and get feedback.
On the other hand, hiring local talent can have the following disadvantages:
- Specific skill sets can be harder to find – if you’re limited to a particular geographical area, finding a rockstar will be challenging.
- Overhead expenses – if you hire locally, you’ll be obligated to keep an office which means you have to pay rent, pay for supplies, pay for electricity and other utilities. If you already have an office, you’ll have to provide your new hire with a work space which translates to the same thing – increased overhead.
If you decide to hire a remote worker, you need to decide if you’re hiring a project-based PPC Specialist or a full-time one. In any case, here are the advantages of hiring remote talent:
- Access to a global pool of talents – you’re not limited to who’s available in your city and what they know. Hiring remotely gives you access to talented PPC Specialists from different countries who may even charge relatively smaller fees than local recruits. This is true to both project-based freelancers and full-timers.
- Little to no overhead – most remote workers work from home so you don’t need to worry about providing them with work spaces. This is especially true for project-based freelancers. However, for full-time employees, you may be required to subsidize their internet connection, computer equipment etc. But these costs are still far less compared to local overhead expenses.
- Less contractual obligation – you can hire PPC Specialists on a per-project basis. If you like their work, continue to give them projects to work on. If you don’t, just don’t give them any more tasks to perform and that’s that.
On the other hand, here are the disadvantages of hiring remote workers:
- Trial and error – you can’t really gauge the level of expertise, experience and even work ethic of the remote worker until you take a leap of faith and hire them. The good news is, if you don’t like their performance on the first project, you can just part ways right then and there.
- Time constraints – if you hire a remote web designer, particularly a freelancer, you need to understand right off the bat that you’re probably sharing him with several other clients (some paying more than you). That means your project is at the mercy of the freelancer’s workload. This may not be the case, though, with full-time remote employees.
That being said, here are a few places where you can find PPC Specialists online. Note that in some of these websites, you’ll have the option to hire either locally or remotely. It’s all up to you, your needs and your budget:
- Monster (local and remote) – although Monster now caters to remote worker needs, its strength still lies in sourcing local talents. All you need to do is search “PPC Specialist”, narrow down your search by location and experience, and you’re off to the races.
- Upwork (local and remote) – geared more towards the US market. You can post a PPC Specialist job, and available contractors can start lining up to apply. All you’d need to do is choose the best candidate. This is a good place to look for either part-timers or full-time PPC Specialists.
- People Per Hour (remote and local) – geared more towards the European market. Just like Upwork, you post a job and contractors will apply. You can choose the best candidate and go from there. This is also a good place to look for either part-timers or full-time PPC Specialists.
- C9 Digital (remote) – specializes in providing remote staffing services from the Philippines. It is considered a concierge service where you don’t simply hire a PPC Specialist from the Philippines (or any other kind of remote worker for that matter), you hire a PPC Specialist with an entire management service behind him to keep him accountable and always on his toes. This is ideal for people looking to hire the best and expecting to get the best while keeping costs relatively competitive.
When looking to hire a PPC Specialist from the Philippines, or from any other country for that matter, there are a few important considerations you have to keep in mind.
What kind of ads are you running? Will you be targeting audiences on Facebook? LinkedIn? Google? Do you have a dedicated ad team and you just need a PPC Specialist to complete it? Or do you need a PPC Specialist who can also come up with the ads?
Is it going to be a one-off project or do you have a series of projects in your pipeline?
Next, what level of experience or proficiency would you like your PPC Specialist to have? Would you be okay with a mid-level specialist or are you looking for a senior level one?
Finally, how much do you have to spend? Do you have just enough for a one-off deal? Is your pocket deep enough for a part-time or even a full-time recruit? Are you ready to spend good money on a senior-level PPC Specialist salary or is your budget pointing towards a mid-level one?
C9 Digital PPC Specialists
Here at C9 Digital, we have PPC Specialists in all levels of proficiency. Whether you need mid-level specialists (with 1-3 years experience) or senior level specialists (with 4 years experience or more), we have one that fits your needs.
Expertise is also not a problem because we have PPC Specialists who specialize all kinds of online marketing platforms. It doesn’t matter if you’re running ads on social media or search engines. Whatever your PPC needs are, we got you covered.
And since our PPC Specialists are based in the Philippines, communication is not a problem because we speak excellent English. In fact, most of our remote workers have English as their second language so you don’t have to worry about your message getting lost in translation.
Hiring our remote PPC Specialists can help you save up to 70% in payroll costs without the corresponding loss in the quality of work. We train our PPC Specialists to “live inside the client’s business” in order to truly deliver what the client wants and needs.
So, are you finally ready to hire a PPC Specialist? Let’s talk.
Hire the best PPC SPECIALIST
from c9 digital
OUR CLIENTS SPEAK
Amax Group USA
Leon Authentic Mexican Grill
PALAYA NATURAL FARM